White Indonesian Rum – Batavia Arrack
- Brandname: “By the Dutch”
- Productname: White Indonesian Rum – Batavia Arrack
- Age-statement: None
- Maturation: Rested in Teak Wooden vats between the 8 to 12 months in Java – Indonesia
- Alc.: 48% ABV
- Size: 70cl, 75cl & 5cl (miniature)
- Region: Java Island
- Origin: Indonesia
- Production area: blended and stored in Amsterdam NL
- Bottled in Schiedam NL
- Color: White / Blanc with a touch of straw-color
- HS / Custom Code: 2208 9019
- Category: Rum
100% Sugarcane molasses. Wild yeast (grown on red rice cake) has been used as trigger/booster to start fermentation (no ingredient).
Herewith we declare that our Batavia Arrack is produced in compliance with Kosher directions on feedstock.
HOW IT’S MADE –> hand crafted
Our “Batavia Arrack” is a distillate based on 100% sugar-cane molasses, produced exclusively on the island of Java, Indonesia, dated back to the 17th century. It’s comprised of a very specific range of Pot still distillates. It’s the “Rum of Indonesia”. The fermentation process includes the addition of local & traditional Wild Yeast (grown on red rice); it is this, which sets it apart from Rum, although the base material is still sugar-cane. Distillation of our Batavia Arrack is carried out using very traditional Pot stills, adopting ancient Chinese distillers’ methods. Our Master Blender created a excellent product, resulting in fantastic rich and deep flavors, lingering on the palate.
- Fermentation of the wash from molasses (sugarcane by-product), water and wild yeast, in wooden vats up to ± 8% abv.
- The ready wash is distilled in very old fashioned Pot-stills up to ± 30% abv.
- Second distillation in another pot-still up to 60-65% abv.
- After distillation, our liquid is laid down in Teak wooden vats to rest (8-12 months) in Java
- The Batavia Arrack has been shipped at full strength to the harbour of Amsterdam by boot.
- Blended in Amsterdam according to an unique and secret recipe by our master blender and brought back to 48% abv.
- Bottled at Herman Jansen Distillery in Schiedam